Pages

Monday, November 27

Location, Location, Location

I'm pretty much blown after four days of moving, assembling, sorting, Tetrising, and organizing things.  Getting fifty pounds of house shit in the forty pound house bag is not without its challenges.  We've got things pretty close to normal so we can make do and live our lives like normal people.  There's still a lot to do, but we're over the hump, so...

I'm gonna go ahead and start with the most selfish aspect of our move.  Trails... and bikes and beer and hardware!

I live within this circle now:

Inside my circle, there is something like fifteen miles of trails (give or take).  All I have to do is pull my bike out, roll down my street, and I'm in the woods in less than three minutes.  I've wanted to live in this circle for longer than I can remember, but for a laundry list or reasons, it didn't make sense then.  Most of those things have changed for the better, the timing was almost right, and the house was a good fit.  IMHOMO, these are the best in town trails in the Queen City.  Loaded with features and choose your own adventure options.  I'll no longer have to drive thirty five minutes round trip or urban sprawl bike commute for an hour plus to get my trail time.  This is so buenos.  I'm also four to six miles away from a couple other trail systems if I get bored or wanna do some road to trail to road to trail kinda days (I really like doing this BTW).

Added location bonuses:

Bike Source Charlotte is basically on my way home (depending on my route), only about a mile from my front door.  They might get sick of me if they aren't already.  Sorry not sorry.

There's a smaller grocery store in my neighborhood about two minutes away by bike.  On my beer run last night, I spent more time in the cashier's line then I did getting there and back.  That was sadly my only bike ride over the four day weekend, but as wiped out as I've been feeling, it was enough.

We're .4 miles from the entrance to a greenway.  Eventually, that greenway is gonna connect from the South Carolina border all the way up past UNCC.  That's really far.  Maybe I'll take up road biking when I no longer have to do it on the road.

I'm stupid close to "Charlotte’s favorite locally owned (and mismanaged) ACE hardware store" that's been there since 1977. You can buy nails, hammocks, avocado storage containers... you name it. Also, free popcorn.

The list goes on and on. Walking distance to Sir Ed's, Brawley's Beverage, Total Wine, Viva Chicken, Lucky Lou's... tons of things. It's the most walkable neighborhood I've ever lived in ever.

But yeah, very selfishly, those trails.  I'm so stoked right now... well, as stoked as a person with very dark circles under his eyes can be.  As soon as I start feeling less like ass, things are gonna start getting shreddy up in here.

5 comments:

Rob said...

Congrats man! Before I moved too far north I lived very close to that circle, and miss it every day...

Rob said...

Sounds awesome, living that near trail is great and so is the convenience of b33r and hamm3rs.

Marcus said...

You failed to mention that you are stumbling distance to the best buffet in town... Men’s Club. We know the real reason you moved there....

Steven said...

I used to live two miles from the circle. I miss it quite a bit. Congrats on the house!

glen said...

congrats on your circle!